WRM Security Services Inc. is a private investigations agency located in Riverhead, Long Island, NY 11901. We provide asset search investigations to clients throughout both Nassau County & Suffolk County.
There are clearly situations in which it is essential to use a Long Island Private Investigator to check for the possibility of hidden assets. Knowledge of such assets can make a big difference in the establishment of grounds for particular types of interpersonal actions or the furthering of certain business relationships here on Long Island. An asset search is vital to full disclosure of resources in a variety of civil and personal matters. The primary reasons to use Private Investigators on Long Island for an asset search in the private or family sector are:
- Your Long Island Business Venture: If one is considering investing in a new business, bringing a new investor into an existing company or contemplating a merger between companies, it is essential to conduct a thorough background check on the individual or corporation. Such a check also includes a comprehensive assets search.
- Collections: When one of the courts here on Long Island order a sum of money to be paid as part of a civil action, a judgment is issued, but the money is not just handed over then. The collection process is the responsibility of the plaintiff and a private investigator can help. Even if the debtor is going to surrender an item of property towards the judgment, be certain to have a private investigator do an asset search before taking possession. If there are any liens against the property, taking possession may also bring with it liability for the lien.
- Family Law Matters: The finances involved in most Long Island divorces can often become rather complicated. It is not uncommon for a spouse to hide assets that would be open to dispute. Your Long Island Private Investigator will conduct an asset search of the other party to be certain that all assets are accounted for.
- Child Support: Long Island child support enforcement agencies are not equipped to locate parents who evade their child support obligations with much efficiency. Quite often the errant parent will attempt to hide assets, thus pleading an inability to meet child support or alimony payments. In child support cases, your Long Island private investigator can locate the parent and acquire information regarding their wages or any hidden assets. That information can then be given to your Long Island child support enforcement agency which will help facilitate collection.
- Prior to a Lawsuit: It is important to conduct an assets search prior to filing suit against an individual or company. Your Long Island Private Investigator can determine what assets or regular income is present in the event a judgment is ordered by the court. You don’t want to pay for a Long Island lawsuit if you are not going to recover anything.
- Contesting of a Will: Quite often personal assets may be hidden and not disclosed in a will. Potential beneficiaries or those entitled to a claim against the estate should search for the possibility of hidden assets.
If your situation allows for an Asset Investigation to be undertaken the following items may be uncovered:
- Bank Accounts (Savings, Checking, Money Market, and Safe Deposit Accounts).
- Brokerage Accounts (Mutual Funds, Stocks, Bonds, and Securities Accounts).
- UCC Filings, Liens, and Judgments.
- Business Ownership (LLC’s Associations, DBA’s, and Incorporations).
- Real Estate (land, residence, rentals, mobile homes, trailers).
- Current Income from Employer
- Vehicles, Boats, Aircraft, Motorcycles, RV Trailers, and Commercial Vehicles.
- Miscellaneous Sources (Insurance settlements, lottery winnings, rental property).
- Property Ownership
It is important to know what type of assets one has in determining if a settlement is in your best interest. In addition, if one wins a lawsuit and is unable to collect a lien may be placed on a certain assets to ensure future payment of a judgment. All these issues must be discussed with your attorney prior to settling a case.
We perform asset search investigations to individuals, businesses and attorney’s throughout Long Island New York. An asset investigation provides a financial profile of a persons finances, such as:
- Personal Bank Accounts-By State or Nationwide
- Brokerage Accounts
- Debts, Liens & Judgements
- Business Bank Accounts by FEIN.
- Credit Analysis
- Corporate Affiliations/Structure
- Bank Balance Checks
- Employment Locate/Source of Income Searches
- Employment/Skip Trace
Hidden Asset Search Investigations are provided to:
- Attorney’s on behalf of their clients involved in civil cases and divorce.
- Businesses may conduct hidden asset investigations before entering into business dealings with another company or person to make sure they are stable.
- Insurance companies will hire a private investigator to conduct hidden asset searches for subrogation.
- Cheating Spouse Investigations often lead to requests for asset searches. When a spouse is found to be unfaithful in the marriage it is not uncommon to find that marital assets have been hidden from the spouse.