WRM Security Services Inc. is Long Island, New York’s premier private investigation and security services company. We proudly serve the residents, business owners and attorney’s throughout both Nassau and Suffolk Counties. We are located in Riverhead, Long Island, New York 11901 and both corporate officers are life long residents of Long Island, New York. Feel free to view our profiles on our website. In this blog I would like to explain to our new clients what to expect when reaching out for the first time to hire a private investigator. I will explain and some of our preliminary procedures when we are evaluating your case. One must keep that we reserve that right to decline a case, but before we agree to take a case a careful preliminary evaluation process must take place. This process starts when you our potential client calls us for the first time. What to expect when you call....
- Be prepared to explain you situation in a brief precise manner. The investigator will conduct a basic preliminary interview designed to extract pertinent information about you and your case. This initial interview process will take no more than 10 to 15 minuets.
- Have a pad and something to write with handy.
- If available, have a private call back number and a private e-mail account available to give the investigator.
- At the conclusion of the preliminary interview the investigator will have enough information to establish if you have or do not have a case worthy of investigation. If the case is sound the investigator will proceed to request a follow-up meeting.
- The follow-up meeting should be is scheduled as soon as possible. This meeting will give the potential client the opportunity to meet with the lead investigator and allow the investigator to gather much needed detailed information that we will use to quote a price for our services. In addition, the face to face meeting allows us to discuss with the client the expectations of the investigation.
What are the general costs associated with hiring a private investigator?????
- Most people have no idea what private investigation services cost.
- Each and every case is different and unique. That is why it is so important for the investigator to conduct a through preliminary interview. The more information the investigator develops at the preliminary meeting the better he or she can establish a fair quote for the client.
- Your quote will be prepared after careful evaluation of your case.
- We will estimate what we believe will be the total amount of investigative hours needed to complete your case. A case is completed when the investigation proves or disproves the original allegation or we have met or exceeded the expectations agreed upon at the start of the investigation.
- We then multiply the estimated hours by our hourly investigative wage.
We do require a retainer.
- Before we start any work on your case we will have to receive a retainer. A retainer is paid by the client to the private investigator to retain his or her services. It is a down payment of funds paid to the investigative company that allows the company to book investigative time for investigators to begin the investigative process.
- The retainer is usually 30 t0 35 % of the estimated of services.
- No investigative work on your case will be performed until your retainer is received.
Your second payment will be requested when we are approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through your investigation. This payment is generally 30 % to 35 % of the estimated cost of services. Your final payment will be made at the conclusion of the investigation. The final balance payment is expected when we present our final report to you summarizing our investigative findings. *** Remember each and every case is different and costs can vary dramatically depending on what must be done to completed the case. We have been doing this for a long time and have a pretty good handle on pricing. The call is free ans so is the preliminary meeting. Call us today and let us evaluate your situation and determine if we can help you. I promise we will conduct your investigation in the most efficient and cost effective manner. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog and it has helped and prepared you to make the call. Contact us today